Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Classroom Training + Certification
This programme was developed to provide candidates the means to support the implementation of Lean Six Sigma projects within their work areas. It is meant for those who want to know the basics of Six Sigma and for those who need to support Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt project implementation. It is designed for supervisors, foreman, officers, and team leaders. Managers looking for a quick overview of the basics of Lean Six Sigma tools, techniques and how it can be applied to corporate wide improvement and cost optimisation initiatives would also benefit from this course.
You can take a Quiz to determine which Six Sigma course you are best suited for : Six Sigma Programme Eligibility Quiz
- Executive Officers
- Executives & Others
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Transformation Department
- Continuous Improvement
- Project Management
- Production Management
- Contract Department
- Innovation Department
- Commercial Department
- Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resource
- Finance & Others.
- The Yellow Belt participants will have more in-depth knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma, and each of the five phases that are to be applied in practical terms.
- This course is designed to provide a broad understanding of the Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodology, concepts, and language, along with a complete toolbox of basic process improvement methods.
- The Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is designed to enhance technical problem solving skills. Instruction is application focused, therefore requiring all participants to successfully support existing or new Lean and Six Sigma projects.
- The Yellow Belt upon completion of this training will participate as a core team member or subject matter expert on a project or projects together with the supervisors/managers.
- Simulation Activities
- Own Software
- Own Books
- Q & A
- Group Discussions
- Case Study
- Talk over Tea
We will administer an examination for the participants upon completion of their training. The examination consists of the following (on last day of training):
LSS Yellow Belt Level (Internal – SSC Certified)
Exam Type : Multiple Choice Questions
No. of Questions : 30 Questions
Examination : Open Book Examination
Passing Rate : 70% and above
Duration of Exam : 1 Hour
Location of Exam : At training location
Cost : Inclusive of training
Where applicable, during the training course, our consultants will provide the participants with training on how to analyse Quality data using the Minitab software which is widely used by Lean Six Sigma practitioners.
Example of Minitab Software:
OUR CONSULTANTS WILL ALSO PROVIDE CANDIDATES WITH USEFUL EXCEL QUALITY TEMPLATES AND TOOLS
1 Day Classroom Training
- Introduction & Overview of BPEx Lean (PDCA) and Process Excellence (DMAIC)
- Understanding Lean Operations and People Issues – Role of YB, GB & BB.
- Understanding Project Charters and Prioritisation Tools (Pareto)
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Basic Statistics and Graphical Analysis (Sigma Value, Process Capability)
- Identifying 7 Lean Wastes – TIMWOOD
- Understanding Value Added (VA) and Non-Value Added Activities (NVA)
- Process Flow Analysis – SWIMLANE, Time Trap & Takt Time
- Value of Speed and Time Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Tools
- Creating Fishbone Diagrams
- Data Collection Techniques
- Lean Concepts and Error Proofing / Kaizen
- Generating Improvement Ideas
- Running Pilot Six Sigma Programmes
- Solutions Implementation Plan
- Understanding Statistical Process Control
- Establishing Control Plans
- SOP & Documentation
- Workshop Sessions & Video Analysis